Thursday, May 6, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

For my brother-in-law, Neil's 40th birthday we went up to their cabin on Kelley's Island to celebrate in style.  It was an amazing time that flew by way too fast.  Full of friends, family, neighbors, crazy fun and a whole lot of silliness!

Me and the birthday boy!

For one of my contributions I brought along my most favorite dip of all time- Buffalo Chicken Dip.  It was first introduced to me by my sister, and we have all adopted it as one of our most favorite party snacks.  It is incredibly addictive, but hey, you can use celery sticks to scoop up the goodness so it makes you feel wayyyyyy less guilty indulging!  You will find many variations of this stuff all over the web, but this is our favorite way to make it.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 bunch of celery, 4 stalks chopped into small chunks and the rest cleaned and sliced into 4 inch pieces for serving
2 (10 oz) cans of chicken or the meat from one rotisserie chicken, shreaded
1 package of cream cheese, softened (I use low fat all the time and no one can tell)
1 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing (I like to use low fat blue cheese, but both work fine.)
3/4 cup Franks Red Hot (or other pepper sauce)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips for serving

In a large skillet, sauté the reserved 4 stalks of chopped celery in the Franks Red Hot just until heated, but still crunchy.  Add the chicken and stir.  Now add the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing, stirring well until melted and heated through.  Transfer to a 9" baking dish and carefully stir in the shredded cheese.  Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.  Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips for dipping.  The leftovers (if there are any!) are awesome rolled up in a wrap with some lettuce and tomato!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. OK OK OK! When I saw that you posted this, I had to laugh. THIS HAS BEEN MY GUILTY PLEASEURE FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.....I have been making it on the weekends to snack on while I watch movies...I like it with Ranch over the bleu sheese, and I say, "the more Red-Hott the better" I love this stuff, Amie!
    Tera Pepper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails