Thursday, June 16, 2011

Warm Layered Mexican Dip


Any fun plans for Father's Day this weekend?  We will be picnicking with the family, of course!  Me and the boys are looking forward to letting daddy and the grandpa's know how loved they are.  Raising two young men myself just solidifies my grateful heart for being raised by an amazing father.  And watching my own husband be the example of a good man makes my heart break wide open every single day.  I am a lucky girl- so, so blessed!  

This dip is a yummy choice to take along to any picnic's you may be attending this summer.  it is a definite crowd pleaser- who doesn't love a good mexican dip?!  And trust me, this is a great one!


print this recipe

Warm Layered Mexican Dip
1 can refried beans
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 pouch taco seasoning
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 ear of corn, cooked and kernels removed (or 1/2 can whole kernel corn, drained)
1 cup salsa
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of cheddar and mozzarella)
fresh cilantro for garnish

In a small bowl, combine the creamed cheese and taco seasoning well with a fork.  Warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds and set aside.  In a medium sized bowl, combine the black beans, corn and salsa.

Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of a round pie plate or an 8x8.  Top with the taco-cream cheese mixture and next layer the corn, black bean and salsa mixture.  Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over top of layered dip.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.  Garnish with cilantro and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.



I linked up my recipe here:
 A Little Nosh

5 comments:

  1. This looks divine-I just stumbled it for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only 9:30 in the morning and I am already drooling over this dish! I have always looked for a dip like this, but I have never found one that combines all the ingredients I love. I'm definitely going to give this a try-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this Mexican Dip & it's delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails