Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Retro Recipe: Seven Up in Milk- Taste Tested!

Do you remember {this post} where I found that silly, "wholesome" recipe for 7-Up and Milk?  Well  I let my curiosity get the best of me and finally gave it a try.  I mean, seriously, what is the fun of having a food blog if you don't try out weird stuff every now and then?!


Surprisingly, I have to admit that the flavor was actually pretty good.  It reminded me of a combination between a vanilla milkshake and a Coke Float.  It was just missing one key ingredient- ice cream! It frothed up quite nice, but the consistency was a little odd.  I felt it needed that lovely, icy thickness of a milkshake. Was I grossed out with this silly retro recipe- no way. But would this become a regular beverage on my menu- I highly doubt it!  Go ahead, give it a try. Just be sure to let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. This is weird but I think that my kids would really like this. I am going to have to try it with them.

    Thanks for posting this and I really like your blog. I love recipes and trying new recipes and you have some good ones.

    Stopped by from SITS to say hi.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails