Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easy No Rise Pizza Crust and Dessert Pizza Recipes

Last night was my monthly Girl's Night In with Bonnie and Dawn, and it was Pizza Night!  The menu was  a garden salad with homemade beer bread croutons, garlic toast, pizza featuring a No Rise Pizza Crust and tying things all together with a dessert Pizza with strawberries, blueberries and bananas.  Everything turned out super delicious!  Bonnie provided the crust recipe and we were all super excited that it was such a success.  Not only did it taste great, but it couldn't be any easier.  I am providing the basic recipe we used, but I am already thinking up how I can add spices, garlic, and other yummy things the change it up from time to time.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.


Print this Recipe

Easy No Rise Pizza Crust
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (if you don't use the packets, but the bulk 2 1/4 tsp= 1 packet yeast)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.

Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.


My notes:
I started out mixing the ingredients with a spoon, but had a lot more success once I removed it from the bowl and kneaded it with my hands.  Whenever I have used yeast in the past I have always let it proof in water before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.  This recipe doesn't call for this, but I think I will try it next time just to see what happens.  What proofing is, is allowing the yeast to dissolve in warm water and let it bubble up.  Once this happens it is ready to use.  I thought the crust was great as is, but I am just curious if allowing the yeast to proof will change the texture, making it a chewier crust, or crunchier, etc.   I also think I will try prebaking the crust for 5 minutes and then adding my toppings and continue baking it for the additional 15 minutes.  I will be sure to let you know my findings :)

Dessert Pizza

The Dessert Pizza is one of those semi-homemade desserts that is great to have in your back pocket when you want to throw together a delicious dessert really quickly.  It looked pretty and tasted great!  What Dawn did was used a tube of store bought sugar cookie dough, unrolled it and spread it out on a 9x13 cookie sheet.  Bake according to directions and allow to cool completely.  Once cooled, spread with whipped topping and decorate with fresh berries of your choice.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails