Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

This is a yummy slow cooker meal that is a nice change up from the every day.  There are only a handful of ingredients; the sun-dried tomatoes being the real star.  They go from hard and dry to soft, sweet yet slightly tart after hours of cooking in the crock pot.  The chicken is juicy and moist rounding it out and creating a warm and comforting meal.  Both of my kids gobbled it up no questions asked and even had it for lunch the next day just as willingly.  That has to say something, huh?!  5 Star Slow Cooker meal for sure.  We enjoyed it served over elbow macaroni and topped with snipped chives and freshly grated parmesan cheese.  



Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
3 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless breasts or thighs
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into slivers

Don't forget to spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray for easier clean-up!

Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Add the onion, garlic, chicken stock, and basil. Scatter sun-dried tomatoes over top and cover.  Cook for 4-6 hours on LOW or 2-3 on HIGH.  Serve over noodles or rice.


3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I pinned it for later use. Especially because I found a bad of SD tomatoes I need to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I think you will really like this recipe. Come back and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. Yum! This is going on the menu very soon!

    When I first saw the cooking time I was like, well that's not going to be very useful, but then I saw the light! I get home much earlier than my husband so I'll be able to throw this together and flip it on high as soon as I get home from work. It'll be perfect timing! It would be great for weekend cooking too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails