Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oven Roasted Bananas- Traditional and also with Cinnamon and Chocolate

Or how to impress your kids and make your husband fall in love with you all over again.  This recipe is so dang easy your children can do it almost entirely on their own (except for needing a smidge of help with the hot oven).  It also works as a great summertime campfire trick.  They are wonderful plain, in their beautiful perfect banana state.  Or my personal favorite, sprinkled with cinnamon, stuffed with chocolate chips and dotted with butter...mmmmmmmm.

These make a lovely dessert, it would even empress guests at a dinner party.  But it also works perfectly for a breakfast with a dollop of yogurt, or to curb that mid day sweet tooth.  It turns a plain banana into something truly special.  It tastes so much like the famous dessert Banana's Foster, but it isn't!  A simple banana with nothing else tastes like it is so much more.  If you've never tried this recipe before you will be amazed on the lovely flavors it changes into.


Oven Roasted Bananas

Traditional Oven Roasted Banana
1 banana per person (and this is absolutely all you need if you want to go the plain route, which trust me, tastes anything but "plain")

preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place whole banana, as is, uncut on a baking sheet.  Place in hot oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the banana peel turns black.  That is when you know it is done!  Place on a plate and carefully split the peel with a sharp knife and eat with a spoon.

The warmth of the banana paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is heavenly.



Oven Roasted Bananas with Cinnamon and Chocolate

1 banana per person
a sprinkling of cinnamon
a sprinkling of chocolate chips, I used mini above, but large are just as great!
a few small pats of butter, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Slice banana lengthwise and place on a foil lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and chocolate chips and top with a few pats of butter, if using.  Bake for 15 minutes or until banana peel turns black.  Carefully remove from oven and eat directly out of the peel with a spoon.  Enjoy as is, or serve along side ice cream, yogurt, sprinkle with granola, drizzle with honey or chocolate sauce- whatever your heart desires.  After you've had these once, trust me, you will want to try them every way possible!



Don't forget to tun in or set your DVR's to watch 
Amie, from My Retro Kitchen cooking on 
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
10:00 am




I linked up my recipe at Sweets for a Saturday!

12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some may not think to oven roast a banana. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Can't wait to try! Congratulations on your upcoming TV spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful and look like they would work well with the Weight Watcher's diet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so skrummie so i am printing this for pudding!! (the recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter, ordinarily not a huge banana fan, loved these (after I convinced her to just try ONE bite). She gobbled up the whole thing and said they were really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on with this write-up, I honestly think this amazing site needs far more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the advice!


    My web page reviews of raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bake these bananas for banana splits. Simply roast them then split in half placing each half on a banana boat. In the middle, scoop your favorite ice cream, I use blueberry cheesecake ice cream topped with fresh blueberries masicerated in sugar for about which brings out the natural sugar of the fruit. Then top with whipped cream, top with your favorite nuts, and of course, let's not forget the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I must try that my father is a fan of banana splits and having the banana roasted would be awesome! I never thought of that thank you!!!<3

      Delete
  9. I just finished putting them in the oven I'm so excited ! This is so great !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails