Friday, June 11, 2010

Fridays, Feasting With Friends- Featuring Jaime Kanengeiser

"One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends."
~Laurie Colwin'Home Cooking'


Jaime Kanengeiser

I am excited to introduce you to the beautiful "other half" of my last featured person, Jason Kanengeiser.  Today it's Jaime's turn, his lovely wife.  First before anything else I want to congratulate Jamie and Jason on the birth of their daughter, Dylan, who was brought into this world at 9:03 on Wednesday morning.  Oh she is so beautiful!  I am so proud of you Jaime.  Scott and I are going to the hospital this evening to meet her and I couldn't be more excited!  Is there anything better then babies?  Nah, I don't think so either.
Baby Dylan

Jaime is such a wonderful person, and I would wish each of you the chance to meet her.  This girl is full of joy, has a great positive outlook on life and always has something silly to say.  If you are a newcomer to a party, she is the one you want to sit next to at dinner for you will feel right at home in a matter of minutes.  Being that the two of us were both married into the same family, it has given us a little bond that I love to pieces.  She is my partner in crime at family outings and always makes the day so much more fun when she is a part of it.   Not to mention she is a fabulous cook!  Oh how I love going to dinner at her house- you know it is going to be good.  So for today's segment of Friday's, Feasting with Friends I am happy to present to you, Jaime Kanengeiser.
 
What is your favorite thing to cook?
I love to make a big pasta dinner.

How about your least favorite thing to cook?
Eggs- I make the world's worst fried eggs.

What is your favorite local restaurant and what is one you are dying to try out?
I love Red, and would really like to try The B- spot

Music and food go together so beautifully. You are hosting a dinner party, what would be on your playlist?
I guess it would depend on the guest list Classic Rock for most friends...but a certain cousin and I share the of a certain boy band :)

What would you choose to be your last meal on earth?
I have a weakness for rich butter drenched crab or lobster.

What are you currently reading?
I teach pre-school and have a 5 year old, so basically anything by Dr. Seuss.

What is your favorite Kitchen Gadget?
Not much of a gadget girl, but my microplane comes in handy.

Do you have a signature go-to dish?
Chicken Romano, pasta, and meatballs.

What is your favorite thing about the Cleveland area?
I love having my family around me

Do you have a favorite meal from your childhood and do you cook it today?
My Grandma Frankino's pizza recipe- and yes, Emily and I love to make it!

Top 3 Movies of all time?
Vision Quest
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory- the original
The Hangover

What was your happiest moment in life?
Becoming a Mom

Where do you do your grocery shopping?
Giant Eagle

What is your favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to food?
I love to make a meal of my favorite appetizers.

Can you tell me about what you are most proud of?
Seeing the caring and nurturing person that my daughter is becoming. I feel like Jason and I must be doing something right :)

Do you have Culinary Resolutions that you would like to accomplish this year?
I would like to try more vegetarian dishes.

One word that best describes you is: Talkative

Veggie and Ranch Pizza (a cold appetizer)

2 rolls Pillsbury Crescent Dough
8 oz Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
1 packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 each Red and Green Bell peppers
1 bunch scallions
1 can sliced black olives
any other veggies you like
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese

Roll tubes of crescent dough flat, sealing perforations
bake as directed, allow to cool

Mix room temperature cream cheese, sour cream , and Ranch dressing, spread evenly on cooled crescent crust

Chop veggies and cover cream cheese mixture evenly.

Top with shredded Cheddar.

Cut in 2x2 squares and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Jaime~ I remember having this app. at one of your parties, it's one dish that I LOVE but don't make it too often! Thanks for passing along your recipe!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails