Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins


Print this Recipe

Makes 10-12 muffins

Preheat oven to 400 and prepare pan; either using paper cups, or grease and flour them (I used my floured nonstick spray, Baker's Joy this time).

In a large bowl add and combine well
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

In a smaller bowl combine well
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup chocolate chips, reserving extra for sprinkling on top (I used mini chocolate chips)


Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold together gently until just mixed, fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon into prepared pan.  Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. 

Jackson was in charge of sprinkling the chocolate chips on top.  
I think he ate as much as he sprinkled!

 Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool on rack. Store in an air-tight container.

They puffed up really nice!

When I decided to bake these this morning I found that I only had Bread Flour, not All Purpose Flour.  I was a bit concerned over the texture that these muffins would turn out like.  So I thought I would combine the Bread Flour (3/4 cup) with my Whole Wheat Flour (3/4 cup) to ensure they would bake properly.


In hindsight after tasting them I think I will make them with just All Purpose Flour next time. They turned out very moist, just like I was hoping for.  But the wheat flavor seemed to over power the banana flavor.  They also browned more then I would have liked, even with baking them for only 17 minutes.   They are still yummy, but not as exciting as I was hoping for.  Oh well, looks like I will just have to bake another batch soon...

***OK, so we have since made these with All Purpose Flour instead of the mixture of wheat and bread flours and they were just as exciting as I was hoping for the first time!  Be sure you use All Purpose Flour for this recipe!



*Recipe adapted from Wild About Muffins by Angela Clubb

4 comments:

  1. Amie, these look yummy too. Another recipe I will have to try. Since you are on this muffin/carb phase -- you should try one of my all time favorite muffin recipes from your mom.. "Sweet Jammie Muffins" made with yogurt in the batter and preserves -- I know just the place where you can get home made preserves :) One of the few things I did can this summer. Do you remember these muffins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course i remember Sweet Jammies!! They are my fav! I was JUST talking to my mom about them this week. I think they will be next on my list. Oooo... send some preserves home with my mom- I will be more then happy to take some off your hands. I think all I have left is your jellies.. i need to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am making these today!!
    i am all for cakes and muffins right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how they turn out Rach! I hope you love them :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails