Sunday, August 1, 2010

BLT Dip

Last weekend Scott and I got to enjoy a grown up night out at our friends Bonnie and Jimmy's house for a BBQ.  It was great fun, filled with lots of laughs and wonderful friends.  Oh and LOTS of delicious food!  There were quite a few recipes that really stood out and I am going to share one of them today.  It is Dawn's BLT Dip.  Yes, it is really as awesome as it sounds.  Tomatoes, Bacon, a bit of mayo all mixed together to make the perfect bite in your mouth.  Yum!

I had a graduation party to attend yesterday so I thought this would be the perfect appetizer to bring along.   Scott and I both decided that this would also make a delicious spread on a Turkey Wrap with a bit of lettuce and cheese.  My mouth is watering as I type this.... so let's hurry onto the recipe!



BLT Dip
1 c real mayo (I used Light, couldn't tell one bit)
1 c sour cream (Light here again...)
3-4 tomatoes (I used one pint of cherry tomatoes, chopped into bite sized chunks.  I didn't bother deseeding these)
1 lb bacon
French bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices and then quartered

Combine the mayo and sour cream until well blended.  Cook bacon until nice and crispy. De-seed tomatoes if not using cherry or grape. Chop the tomatoes and bacon, mix into the sour cream/mayo mixture. Slice french bread for dipping.  Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Looks like it's time to make Michael Symon's homemade bacon and make this dip with some of the amazing heirloom tomatoes from our CSA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you just say HOMEMADE bacon *drool* let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails