Friday, August 6, 2010

Fridays, Feasting With Friends- Featuring Lindsay Stull

"One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends."
~Laurie Colwin 'Home Cooking'

Lindsay Stull

For today's Fridays, Feasting with Friends I would love to introduce you to my wonderfully creative friend, Lindsay Stull.  Along with having a personality that perfectly matches her beauty, you need to see the amazing knitting she creates.  This ain't your grandma's afghan!  Lindsay Knits is her etsy shop, and it is a perfect place for you to snag up some little lovelies.  She has purses and wallets that I am dreaming sweet nothings of (Scott if you are reading, think green *wink, wink*) And oh my goodness, the precious infant sweaters are even more adorable in person.  I am already picturing my own Baby Owen in the hoodie, and he isn't even born yet!  If you aren't wise to the etsy scene yet, let this be your invite to go, buy handmade and never need to shop in a "big box" store ever again.  This Christmas could be 100% stress free and all of your friends can be sporting these fabulous finds.   You won't be disappointed!

Along with her craftiness, Lindsay is also a wonderful cook!  She and her boyfriend Paul are always having great fun playing around with food.  She hasn't said so, but I think they both understand the way to a love's heart is guided through the kitchen!  Easily my favorite date is to cook a fabulous meal together and then sit down to enjoy the wonderful things you just created.  And these two totally have a blast doing just that.  I always enjoy reading the menus that come out of their home.  Yum!

So for today's Fridays, Feasting with Friends I am thrilled to introduce you to my lovely friend Lindsay Stull.

What is your favorite thing to cook? 
Fish. Salmon, tilapia, orange roughy...love the simplicity it takes to really make a flavorful dinner!

How about your least favorite thing to cook? 
Cookies. I just don't have the knack...

What is your favorite local restaurant and what is one you are dying to try out?
The Greenhouse Tavern is at the top of my list as well as Johnny Mango and Wine Bar Rocky River :) I have been dying to try the tasting menu at Dantes

Music and food go together so beautifully. You are hosting a dinner party, what would be on your playlist? 
My iPod has a jazz playlist with miles Davis and Billie Holiday, or there's always my girl power playlist which includes Kate Nash, rilo kiley, Ingrid Michaelson, etc.

What would you choose to be your last meal on earth?
Goat cheese mac n cheese with rosemary. maybe with lobster. :)

What are you currently reading?
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

What is your favorite Kitchen Gadget?
Food processor/blender...I love making homemade pesto and of course...fruit smoothies....my recent favorite is cantaloupe and rasberries! :)

Do you have a signature go-to dish?
When in season, I love to use plums to make what my mom always calls a "plum cake" but it's made with a struessel on top! YUM!

What do you love most about the Cleveland area? 
I love living so close to the West Side Market which is such a gem!

Do you have a favorite meal from your childhood and do you cook it today?
My Mom's paprikash (with homemade spaetzle of course) is amazing as well as her german soups. I make a great paprikash and spaetzle, still working on the soups :)

Top 3 Movies of all time?
Dead Poets Society, When Harry Met Sally & Star Wars

What was your happiest moment in life?
Everyday gets happier and I know the best is still to come :)
Lindsay and her boyfriend, Paul

Where do you do your grocery shopping?
Depending on what I'm looking for, West Side Market, Heinens, and Giant Eagle :)

What is your favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to food?
I love to "dip"...taco dip, veggie dip, sauces...mmmm!

Can you tell me about what you are most proud of?
Teaching. I am constantly amazed at how emotional and challenging teaching is and still love it more as time goes on.

Do you have Culinary Resolutions that you would like to accomplish this year?
I want to work on learning to make a beurre blanc sauce. My boyfriend is classically French trained and promises me he'll teach me and that it's easy....we shall see. ;)

One word that best describes you is: creative
I'll have what she's having!

My recipe to share is a cheesy baked pasta with spinach and artichokes. (from Real Simple Magazine) simple and delicious!!!

Cheesy Baked Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
Ingredients:
8 ounces mezzi rigatoni or some other short pasta (1/2 a box)
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered (I actually diced mine)
1 9-ounce package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
black pepper

Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, and return it to the pot. Heat broiler.  Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan, half of the mozzarella, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to pasta and toss to combine.  Transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-quart (or 8-inch square) broilerproof baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Broil until the cheese is browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails