Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fruit Pulp Muffins


My sister has become completely into juicing.  About a month or so ago she bought a Juicer and has been having a blast making up all these amazing fruit and vegetable juices for her whole family to enjoy.  A little spinach here, carrots, cantalope, mango, watermelon, kale, apples there.... whatever you happen to pick up at the market, give it a whirl!  The skies the limit really.

I myself do not own a juicer.  I do like making up smoothies and whatnot in my blender, but that is a bit different.  With juicing, it separates the fibrous pulp from the juice, giving you just what is needed for a healthy, balanced, highly nutritious drink.  The only thing is that then you are left with all of that beautiful, full of fiber fruit pulp. You don't want to throw it out; it is also incredibly good for you.  So what to do?  There are lots of recipes out there: salsas, dips, sorbets, even your own fruit leathers.  Today Bonnie wanted to share with you all a recipe for Fruit Pulp Muffins.  So if you happen to have a juicer or know someone who does- try these out! They taste amazing!!!



Create Your Own Juice Pulp Muffins
recipe courtesy All About Juicing!

Use any combination of fruit pulp you have on hand to make your own muffins. You really can't go wrong!

4 cups of any fruit pulp
1 cup of sesame or olive oil
3 eggs
1 cup of honey
3 cups of whole grain flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp of nutmeg, cinnamon or spice of choice(optional)
1 tsp of vanilla


Mix the fruit pulp with the honey, eggs, vanilla, oil and mix. Add the dry ingredients. Pour into muffin cups or greased muffin tins. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.





3 comments:

  1. Just made these. They are actually really good! I used three cups of carrot/apple/beet pulp and they only needed 28 min in oven at 350 in my oven. Will use this recipe again. I was thinking maybe next time I could use quinoa flour (for this recipe I sub. white flour and white sugar because that is all I had)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this recipe uses so much pulp (most others I found used only 1/4 or 1/2 a cup). I was a bit worried that it might affect the texture, but to my surprise I didn't notice a difference at all. My only criticism is that they are a little bland... not sure what can be done to give them more flavour (maybe some chopped up dried fruits?) I will certainly try! As with the comment above, I found that they were done after about 30 minutes. All in all, I am very, very pleased with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a slow juicer and have been enjoying juicing but was wondering what I could do with the pulp (such waste to throw it away....), this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails