Saturday, February 6, 2010

Scrambled Eggs with Feta and Green Onions

Scrambled Eggs with Feta and Green Onions



4 eggs
4 teaspoons milk (one teaspoon for each egg)
2 green onions sliced
2 Tablespoons crumbled feta
1 Tablespoon butter
Fresh ground black pepper to taste


In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs and milk together for about 2 minutes.  This will make sure your eggs are light, fluffy and super yummy.  The American Egg Board describes well beaten eggs as being "frothy and evenly colored".  It takes about 2 minutes to get them like this.  Everyone will ask you how you got your eggs so fluffy and pretty looking!

In a nonstick frying pan melt the butter until the very last of it is just liquifying.  Add the green onions and saute just until they are soft, but still retaining their bright green color.  Do not let them start to brown.  Pour in the eggs.  Do not scramble right away.  Just as they are beginning to set, using a spatula or a flat wooden spoon, push eggs toward center while tilting skillet to distribute the runny parts.  This is a tip that I learned from watching Martha Stewart.  It really is the perfect way to cook the eggs slowly and still get a nice consistency.  When eggs are almost done, add the feta and season with pepper.  No salt is needed because the feta is salty enough.  Cook until the cheese is melted.  

4 comments:

  1. oooh i might be brave enough to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too silly Rach! Try it though- sooooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummie! I have to admit I was skeptical because I thought the Feta Cheese might overpower the taste; but it didn't. Kathleen and I are looking forward to having this again utilizing the eggs and green onions we get at our Farmers' Market

    This recipe is "husband approved"


    Rick Jordan (Kathleen's Husband)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy I am so glad I found your website, I really found you by error,
    while I was looking on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here
    now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.


    Have a look at my web blog :: concept2 model e

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails